CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- 24 arrested in SJ undercover sex predator sting, most seeking underage hookups
- How Snapchat Was Used to Groom and Sell a 17-Year-Old Sex Trafficking Victim
- Why Nintendo Abandoned Its Plans to Make You Healthier
- WannaCry hero 'MalwareTech' pleads guilty to writing banking malware
- Iowa State University graduate student charged with rape
- Rape suspect uses "Plenty of Fish" dating app to allegedly lure victim
- Google Releases Free Image Analysis Tool
- 'We Will Win:' OpenAI's 'Dota 2' Team Is Crushing Humans Online, But Players Are Not Giving Up
- Sweden is building a road that recharges electric buses that drive over it
- China’s Rolling Out Dedicated Highway Lanes for Self-Driving Cars
- Israeli Scientists 3D-Print A Tiny, Live Heart Made With Human Tissue
- Premier League stars set to boycott social media for 24 hours over racism
- Man threatened to send pics of ex in state of undress to her grandparents, Perth Sheriff Court hears
- 2 Virginia Police Officers Are Fired Amid Allegations of Links to White Nationalists
- Facebook: Storing Instagram passwords in plain text & harvesting your emails
- Lone Star Fugitive Task Force asking for help finding serial sex offender
- Platforms Want Centralized Censorship. That Should Scare You
- EXCLUSIVE: Howard County family hopes attack on severely disabled daughter will lead to cyber bullying policy changes
- Montgomery County teacher accused of sexting with 2 students
- The Weather Channel knocked off air by 'malicious software attack'
- Facebook says it 'unintentionally uploaded' 1.5 million users' email contacts without permission
- Apple revamping Find My Friends & Find My iPhone in unified app, developing Tile-like personal item tracking
- Amazon China to close local marketplace and place more focus on cross-border
- We’ve been warned about AI and music for over 50 years, but no one’s prepared
- TikTok Brings Chinese-Style Censorship to America’s Tweens