CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Sexual Predator Used Snapchat to Prey on More Than 120 Minor Girls in Finland
- Reality Is Broken. We Have AI Photos to Blame.
- Is there a 'right' age for kids to be on social media? 'I certainly don't think anyone under 13' should use it, expert says
- No less than a predator: Serial rapist to spend life behind bars
- CISA Warns of Hurricane/Typhoon-Related Scams
- ‘Slavery Simulator’ Game Removed From Google Play After Backlash
- The Security Hole at the Heart of ChatGPT and Bing
- "Sexual Predator" Uses Snapchat To Prey On 120 Underage Girls In Finland
- Murray man sentenced to jail for sexting with Cache Valley teen girl
- Grown woman who identifies as 15-year-old boy faces wild claims of drugs, sexting with teen runaways: police
- Surprise: Social Media Is Harming Kids' Mental Health
- U.S. Surgeon General Releases Report: 2023 SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH
- Lawsuits by Moderators of Violent Online Content Pose Threat to Big Tech
- Surgeon General warns of social media danger to mental health
- Police in Killeen arrest four men during online predator sting
- Google Mobile Vulnerability Reward Program Rules | Google Bug Hunters
- Coors Field debuts palm-based age verification from Amazon
- German prosecutors charge four over violating trade act to sell spyware to Turkey
- Uncle Sam strangles criminals' cashflow by reining in money mules
- Bing is now the default search for ChatGPT
- Three Iowa State University fraternity members charged in sextortion case
- South Carolina lawmaker exposes dangers of 'sextortion' after teenage son's suicide
- The New Risks ChatGPT Poses to Cybersecurity
- WhatsApp to allow users to edit messages — but only for up to 15 minutes of sending