CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Teenager charged over alleged revenge porn video of NRL player
- Georgia highschoolers use social media to expose disastrous conditions as schools reopen
- 400 chip flaws can turn 3 billion Android phones into perfect spying tool
- Online exam tool ProctorU admits breach after hackers leak its database
- Nearly 50% of all smartphones affected by Qualcomm Snapdragon bugs
- Phelan man arrested in undercover sting to solicit teen girl on dating app
- Trucker helps track suspected child predator in Northwest Arkansas
- Catfishing: Signs that your online romance is a scam
- New tool detects fake 4G cell phone towers
- Hacked Data Broker Accounts Fueled Phony COVID Loans, Unemployment Claims
- Tulsa teacher pick nabbed for seeking sex from minor: cops
- Man accused of sexually assaulting teen he met through social media app, officials say
- Cyber Warrior Network : the human element of security
- Gatineau police report spike in online 'sextortion' scams
- Social Media and Eating Disorders: How TikTok Promotes Dangerous Videos
- The Subtle Tricks Shopping Sites Use to Make You Spend More
- The Feds Want These Teams to Hack a Satellite—From Home
- AMGC backs Aussie manufacturers creating electricity from air
- Researchers propose AI that delivers personalized health recommendations via smartphone
- FBI Reports Increase in Online Shopping Scams
- Teacher busted sexting ‘teen’ who was an undercover detective
- Scientists Inspired by Star Wars Develop Artificial Skin Capable of Recreating Sense of Touch
- Paper #29. Disinformation Trackers & Destroyers
- WhatsApp’s new fact-check feature lets users identify fake information
- I’ve worn Alexa-enabled glasses for two weeks. They’re driving me bananas.