CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Cyberattacks now cost small companies $200,000 on average, putting many out of business
- No More Pillow Talk: Phones In Bed Taking A Toll On Relationships, Sex Lives
- Congress Probes Bot-Generated Social-Media Messages About E-Cigarettes
- Man tried walking 351 miles to have sex with deputy he thought was 14-year-old girl, prosecutors say
- Seattle girls featured on the ‘Today Show’ for creating anti-bullying video game
- Political Campaigns Know Where You’ve Been. They’re Tracking Your Phone.
- Astronauts just printed meat in space for the first time — and it could change the way we grow food on Earth
- FCC approves wireless charging tech for IoT devices, Walmart to adopt it
- A brain-controlled exoskeleton has let a paralyzed man walk in the lab
- Romanian nationals unlawfully in United States charged in $1 million ATM skimming and cash-out scheme
- Why Marriott's stock has surged after 500 million of its customers got hacked
- Chinese app on Xi’s ideology allows data access to 100 million users’ phones, report says
- 'Consent always matters' | Maryland rapist sentenced after luring victims on Tinder, Bumble
- Surgeon, registered sex offender among 8 arrested in child predator sting 'Back to School III'
- Government says “social media not to blame for mental illness”
- Montgomery real estate agent fired for ad urging people to sell after first black mayor is elected
- Man sentenced to eight years for sharing compromising pictures of ex-fiancée online
- Why Smart Bike Helmets Are (Probably) Safer
- Live Stream of Germany Shooting Turns Spotlight to Amazon’s Twitch
- Florida is scooping up huge amounts of data on schoolchildren, including security camera footage and discipline records, and researchers are worried
- Can you get sued over a negative Yelp review? Here's what you need to know
- Ten Reasons Middle Schoolers Don't Need Social Media
- Never Trust a Platform to Put Privacy Ahead of Profit
- Planting Tiny Spy Chips in Hardware Can Cost as Little as $200
- High Schools Need to Get Over It and Embrace Esports