CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Voting App Flaws Could Have Let Hackers Manipulate Results
- Hamas hackers attempted to 'catfish' Israeli soldiers
- Would you know if a predator was texting your kid? 30 acronyms you should know
- Masked men pose as women on dating apps, then rob victims, Maryland police warn
- Activate This 'Bracelet of Silence,' and Alexa Can't Eavesdrop
- This Youtuber Pretended She Was on a Luxury Vacation in Bali, but She Was Actually Filming in Ikea
- Man recently acquitted of rape in St. George now accused of sexually assaulting 6-year-old in Provo
- Accuser Testifies in Ex-College Athlete's Sex Assault Trial
- Fortnite predator exploited Mid-Columbia kids through Xbox. How to protect your children
- Heartbroken mum whose daughter, 13, took her own life tells Boris Johnson to jail tech bosses who fail to protect kids
- Former Surfside Beach mayor sues resident for defamation on social media
- Spokane woman jailed for child sex assault claims she was blackmailed with revenge porn by boyfriend
- How Doctors on Earth Treated a Blood Clot on the ISS
- PhotoSquared app leaks photos &amp; home addresses of 100,000s of users
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg calls for more regulation of online content
- Savannah man tried to have sex with a 14-year-old girl. Now he's headed to prison
- More sexual assaults reported to Surrey RCMP after individuals met using online app
- Forget the Nigerian prince, cyber scammers have turned to sextortion
- The pressure teens face when it comes to sexting each other
- How Big Companies Spy on Your Emails
- Title:Information Leaks via Safari's Intelligent Tracking Prevention
- Out of Control
- Imperiled information
- Column: Is a supermarket discount coupon worth giving away your privacy?
- Exclusive: Apple dropped plan for encrypting backups after FBI complained - sources