The Savvy Cyber Kids Technology Pledge
Even if your kids are older and have been immersed into screens, virtual worlds and all that technology has to offer for years, it’s not too late to have the “tech talk.” Your children are entering adulthood in a world defined by technology. As a parent, it’s imperative that you provide your children with the tools to be cyber aware. Kids also need you to help them build an arsenal of techniques to self-soothe. They need to be able to develop and sustain friendships and social interactions without the use of technology.
Realistically, there are positives and negatives to everything associated with technology. So as a parent, what does it mean to empower your preteen or teenager with technology?
- Have your kids understand the ways to use technology for good and understand how to avoid getting into trouble with poor decisions.
- Have your children understand what respect for themselves means and how to apply that to respect for others.
- Help your children understand the concept of empathy for others.
- Help your child find a balance between their online world and their offline world.
- Talk to your kids about what home technology rules make sense for how you want to raise your child in a world filled with technology.
Complete the Savvy Cyber Kids Technology Pledge below, a set of suggested rules for technology that will get your family thinking about cyber ethics and privacy as your children explore new technologies, create new accounts and begin a lifetime of maturation while using technology and social media.
Your email address and selected items will not be stored or used by Savvy Cyber Kids. By filling out this form, the information will only be used to email you a copy of your Technology Pledge.