CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Kelly Ripa body-shamed for 'sexy' bikini picture snapped by husband Mark Consuelos
- Virginia Tech women's lacrosse coach apologizes after video surfaces of team singing N-word
- 'Sexy' photos got ex-University of Cincinnati volleyball player booted from team, she claims
- 38% Of Gen Z And Millennials Trust Digital Influencers, Says Fullscreen Study
- The Ultimate List of Things Your Kids Can Ask Amazon Alexa
- Multiple Countries Ban Wifi & Cell Phones Around Schools, Young Children & Fetuses
- A Cyberattack Hobbles Atlanta, and Security Experts Shudder – The New York
- What Oversharing on Social Media Taught Me About Parenting | WIRED
- What Are Screens Doing to Our Eyes—And Our Ability to See?
- Cambridge Analytica may go down in flames, but its practices won't
- How to use Lipsi, the new anonymous messaging app that's climbing the App Store charts
- Cambridge Analytica Whistleblower: Facebook Able to Listen to You at Home and Work
- NFL cheerleader's Instagram post gets her fired
- Why have we given up our privacy to Facebook and other sites so willingly?
- Android Users, Change This Setting to Stop Facebook's Collection of Your Call and Text Metadata
- In-Browser Cryptojacking Is Getting Harder to Detect
- How iPhone Gaming Revolutionized Video Games
- FTC confirms probe into Facebook data misuse scandal
- The Happiest Teens Use Smartphones, Digital Media Less Than An Hour A Day
- No Netflix, no selfies at Cannes Film Festival this year
- Sorry, Silicon Valley Won’t Save Your Kids From Tech Addiction
- Scientists develop tiny tooth-mounted sensors that can track what you eat
- A father gets 60 years in prison for trying to sell his daughter for sex. She was 4.
- Facebook scraped call, text message data for years from Android phones [Updated]
- Human trafficking is 'all around us,' Tri-State group warns