CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed, a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Child drownings linked to phone-distracted parents who fail to look up
- LinkedIn is full of spies
- Adobe’s prototype AI tool automatically spots Photoshopped faces
- Tributes pour in for ‘lovely’ Irishman found dead in London as police probe ‘dating app killer’
- Alaska Supreme Court rules state sex offender registry law unconstitutional
- Google releases online exhibit about Anne Frank's childhood home
- Is It Actually Possible To Solve Online Toxicity?
- Inside hate groups on Facebook, police officers trade racist memes, conspiracy theories and Islamophobia
- Can law enforcement officers share offensive views on Facebook? Agencies must decide
- Madonna wages war on social media and says Instagram just 'makes you feel bad'
- Father of two-year-old ends life with fatal dose of prescription pills after being abused on Facebook
- EA held an event about tackling harassment and bullying in games at E3
- Gaming can be toxic toward women and minorities. Electronic Arts wants to help fix that
- Convicted murderer gets 3 more years for catfishing and sextorting policewoman from inside prison
- Valley man arrested for allegedly sharing intimate pictures of ex on Snapchat
- Editorial: The ugly side of online gaming
- Social Media Addiction May Increase Suicide Rates Among Adolescents, Experts Say
- Facebook will not remove deepfakes of Mark Zuckerberg, Kim Kardashian and others from Instagram
- Google confirms presence of Triada backdoor in cheap Android phones
- You can train an AI to fake UN speeches in just 13 hours
- Amazon gets sued for recording children’s voices via the Echo Dot
- RAMBleed attack steals sensitive data from computer memory
- 'It Sucks': Former Olympian Gymnast Terin Humphrey Fired After Social Media Post
- Supreme Court declines case of former Jackson teacher convicted of ‘sexting’ students