HERO Volunteer Program for Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Through Savvy Cyber Kid’s HERO Volunteer Program, you can help children from Pre-K through 1st grade learn how to remain safe and be empowered to make appropriate decisions in the online world.
How to be a successful Savvy Cyber Kids Volunteer:
- Reach out to your local schools and make them aware of SavvyCyberKids.org as a resource to strengthen their digital citizenship and cyber ethics programming
- Volunteer to read the Savvy Cyber Kids at Home Book Series at your local schools and lead the Savvy Cyber Kids lessons plans for each book for children Pre-K through first grade. Please purchase at least one full set (all three books) to bring with you and leave behind at the school you visit. Download the free lesson plans and activity sheets below.
- Place the Savvy Cyber Kids at Home Book Series in your local school libraries. The books can be purchased on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/shop/savvycyberkids
- Email us at email@example.com to let us know the school where you read and placed the books.
- Follow us on social media and share our posts:
By engaging the commitment of parents, teachers and the community, we can raise awareness and impart a sense of cyber ethics into the minds of children. We appreciate you being a Savvy Cyber Kids Volunteer HERO at your local school!
Free Resources for HERO Volunteers:
Savvy Cyber Kids School-Based Volunteer Programs
Introduce Savvy Cyber Kids to Your School
The Savvy Cyber Kids at Home: The Family Gets a Computer Lesson Kit
Book 1 Lesson Plan and four Activity Sheets: Create Your Own Savvy Cyber Kid and Name, Coloring CyberPrincess, Coloring CyberThunder, and Word Search.
The Savvy Cyber Kids at Home: The Defeat of The Cyber Bully Lesson Kit
Book 2 Lesson Plan and three Activity Sheets: Create Two Trusted Adults, Crypogram, and Crossword Puzzle.
The Savvy Cyber Kids at Home: Adventures Beyond the Screen Lesson Kit
Book 3 Lesson Plan.
“Stop. Think. Connect.” Poster
The Parent’s Guide to Technology
Tips on giving children the modern street smarts that are required in today’s digital world, to share with your students’ parents.