CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed: a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Beware! This Blue Whale online suicide challenge is scaring parents world over
- New Investigation Reveals Student on Student Sexual Assault in Schools Across the Country
- Quit Social Media. Your Career May Depend on It.
- Parents warned about online dangers of new Yellow app dubbed ‘the teenage Tinder’ that allows youngsters to make friends by swiping right
- Are your kids safe? Predators reaching children through online games
- 2 students accused of distributing nude photo of teacher
- Yik Yak, once valued at $400 million, shuts down and sells off engineers for $1 million
- Are we OK with games that allow kids to perform eye lifts and nose jobs?
- Facebook ‘must pay to police internet’ or face fines: UK parliament
- Leaked document reveals Facebook conducted research to target emotionally vulnerable and insecure youth
- Mind-reading machine allows completely paralyzed patients to say if they want to live
- Grounding teens from social media doesn’t do much – and could hurt them, study finds
- Rules for Social Media, Created by Kids
- ‘10 Concerts’ Facebook Meme May Reveal More Than Musical Tastes
- Roommate Speaks About Man Arrested for Luring 11-Year-Old
- Federal investigators detail ‘Sugar Shack’ where Indy girls were drugged, sex-trafficked
- How do you keep your kids safe from disturbing live video on social media?
- Cops: Ex-soldier kills her service dog while her boyfriend videotapes
- New tech allows researchers to bypass fingerprint scanner on smartphone
- Unroll.me hit with privacy suit over alleged sale of user data
- Celebrity tie-ups help online fashion retailer Boohoo double its profit
- Children report feeling unprotected from inappropriate content on social media sites
- Facebook banks on virtual reality as the future of socialising
- Amazon wants to see into your bedroom, and that should worry you
- These censors created a whole new classification for ’13 Reasons Why’