CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed: a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Cost of Bullying
- Apple owners beware: Identity thieves may be targeting you
- Concerned father speaks out about messaging function in popular music app
- Man gets 25 years for hacking lottery computers and winning $2.2 million
- Students suspended, expelled for playing ‘Jews vs. Nazis’ beer pong off campus
- 25 secret teen texting codes parents need to know
- ‘The internet is broken,’ says Twitter co-founder Evan Williams
- New Twitter Policy Abandons a Longstanding Privacy Pledge
- 6 ways to help your child get a good night’s sleep
- Pimp Culture Glorification and Sex Trafficking
- Instagram worst social media app for young people’s mental health
- The sex talk isn’t enough: How parents can teach teens about healthy relationships
- Ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner Pleads Guilty To Transferring Obscene Material To A Minor
- Former Shelby County Man Sentenced to Prison for Illegally Accessing Women’s Computers for Personal Data and Explicit Photographs
- Facebook and Twitter ‘harm young people’s mental health’
- Ex-Secret Service Officer Gets 20 Years for Sexting Teens From White House
- Yale dean is placed on leave over offensive Yelp reviews
- Convicted killer Sean Price faces 10 years jail after flying north shore schoolgirl to US for sex
- Dangers of Technology: Indiana mom shares story of daughter who became victim to human trafficking
- Here’s How Facebook Knows Who You Meet In Real Life
- Man Sues Date for Texting During ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’
- Is your child’s toy spying on you?
- Why We’re All Addicted to Texts, Twitter and Google
- Link found between selfie viewing and decreased self-esteem
- Hacker Steals Millions of User Account Details from Education Platform Edmodo