CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed: a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- Dangers of Technology: Indiana mom shares story of daughter who became victim to human trafficking
- Here’s How Facebook Knows Who You Meet In Real Life
- Man Sues Date for Texting During ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’
- Is your child’s toy spying on you?
- Why We’re All Addicted to Texts, Twitter and Google
- Link found between selfie viewing and decreased self-esteem
- Hacker Steals Millions of User Account Details from Education Platform Edmodo
- Ransomware infections reported worldwide
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.25m trucks over software error
- ‘Turn it off’: how technology is killing the joy of national parks
- High School Student Faces Child Porn Charges for Extorting Nude Photos While Posing as Girl: DA
- Robocalls Flooding Your Cellphone? Here’s How to Stop Them
- Facebook ‘as addictive as nicotine and chocolate’ – with the LOGO enough to set off cravings
- Some HP PCs are recording your keystrokes
- Student who tried to hack grading system sues school board for expelling him
- Ten important insights into child sexual abuse crime
- Mastermind behind Blue Whale suicide ‘game’ aimed at children says his victims who kill themselves are ‘biological waste’ and that he is ‘cleansing society’
- The Google Play apps that say they don’t collect your data – and then do
- How to Take Back Your Privacy
- Parents’ mobile use harms family life, say secondary pupils
- Woman Shares Details of Assault During Date With Man She Met on Instagram
- Stop taking notes on your laptop. It’s making you forgetful.
- How Privacy Became a Commodity for the Rich and Powerful
- Percentage of teens and children hospitalized for suicidal thoughts doubled from 2008 to 2015
- Families of San Bernardino Victims Sue Twitter, Google, Facebook