Ever wonder what your kids are saying with texting slangs and sexting emojis? A new coming of age movie, Blockers, starring John Cena, Leslie Mann, and Ike Barinholtz as the traditionally-minded parents who discover their daughters’ prom night “sex pact,” comedically puts it out there… the traumas of parenting in the digital age. Can you decipher what this screenshot from Blockers is saying? The chart will help!
|Monkey with hand over mouth|
Monkey with hands over mouth
|Did I really say that?|
I didn’t want to say that
My lips are sealed
I won’t say anything
In response to “Are you going to tell anyone else about this?”
Red dress woman
Ready to go out
|Cherries||Gluteus maximus (Tushy, buttocks, rear-end)|
|Part of a Cosmopolitan magazine sex tip|
Gary the Privacy Clown
|Desire to get weird|
Willingness to get weird
Clinking beet mugs
Have you tried to decipher your teen’s texts? Emoji’s are harder to translate because one symbol can have multiple meanings.
- Frog can mean someone is “ugly.”
- Dog can be an insult of the b-word.
- Flowers can mean drugs.
- A running man and a bowling ball means, “I’m going to hit you.”
- Fruit usually references sexual body parts or sexual activity: a peach is a rear end and an eggplant is a penis.
- A fist and an eggplant means masturbation.
- A pointing right finger and a hand making the ok sign means sex.
- Footprints can also mean beer.
- A pair of eyes can mean the sender is asking for naked pictures.
- Scissors mean “I’m going to cut you.”
So, are your kids using emojis to talk about sex? Here are some emoji dictionaires to help you guess. Good luck!