CYBER SAFETY NEWS FEED
We have searched the headlines for the news that matters to Savvy Cyber Kids. Seen with a cyber ethics lens, these clipping keep us abreast of when technology is used for bad—to inspire us to be aware and make necessary changes in our homes and at our schools. Conversely, when technology is used for good, let’s read all about it, celebrate the successes and bring these lessons home.
Looking for cyber safety conversation starters for your students or children?
Sign up for the Cyber Safety News Feed: a weekly email summary of headlines across the globe.
Headlines from across the globe:
- How Android Phones Hide Missed Security Updates From You
- Trump signs ‘FOSTA’ bill targeting online sex trafficking, enables states and victims to pursue websites
- How to Raise Grateful Kids in an Era of Thankless People
- Russia is jamming American drones in Syria, officials say
- At hearing, Facebook's Zuckerberg rejects law to protect privacy of children
- Woman awarded $6.45 million in revenge porn case
- NAI Consumer Survey: Digital Advertising, Online Content, and Privacy
- New ransomware locks files & asks victims to play PUBG game
- 17-year-old finds screen lock bypass vulnerability in Signal app for iOS
- Social media giants must get tougher on cyberbullying
- Why Don’t Kids Ride Bikes Anymore?
- Google Pixel phones will automatically send spam calls to voicemail
- Students fell prey to phishing attacks conducted by their universities
- MIT's wearable device can 'hear' the words you say in your head
- T-Mobile Stores Part of Customers' Passwords In Plaintext, Says It Has 'Amazingly Good' Security
- This Tool Can Help Identify Leakers Who Copy and Paste Secret Info
- FTC asking for access to your computer? It’s a scam.
- YouTube Illegally Tracks Data on Kids, Groups Claim in FTC Complaint
- This Dad Made His Kids Manually Generate Electricity to Power Their Wii
- Online Risks Are Routine for Teens, Most Bounce Back
- Feds charge Backpage founder after human-trafficking investigation
- Twitch streamer gives a young gamer the most heartwarming pep talk after losing
- How to Manage Your Google Privacy Settings
- This Court Case Is Bad News for Social Media Privacy
- New macOS malware aims at infecting devices with malicious macros